PRG has a rich history in, and an understanding of, the paper industry. From wet-end to dry-end, from the recovery area to converting, PRG regrinds and refurbishes rolls, spools, drums, pulleys, dryers, and trunnions from the lime kiln.
Tight Tolerances in paper mill rolls will solve a lot of problems in the industry: wet streaks, inconsistent profiles, variations in thickness, barring, vibration, wasted raw materials, increased costs and reduced profit.
We’re capable of holding tolerances down to +/- 20 millionths of an inch with our equipment, allowing us to meet your mill’s needs, not only for tight tolerances, but also, faster running speed, more accuracy in balancing and improved runnability of rolls.
PRG Provides Service To These Types Of Rolls:
- Calender Rolls
- Variable Crown Rolls of all types
- Suction Rolls
- Dryer Section Rolls
- Dryer Drums
- Reel Spools
- All Cylindrical Parts
- Press Rolls
- Granite Rolls
- Suction Rolls
- Felt Rolls
- Honeycomb Dryers
- Breaker Stack Rolls
- Size Press & Coater Rolls
- All Types of Covered Rolls
- Bronze and Stainless Steel Rolls
- Ceramic and Carbide Coated Rolls
- Grooved rolls and Drilled Rolls
- Custom Roll Grinding (Straight Cylinders, Crowns, Tapers and Special Profiles)
- Variable Crown Roll Repair and Rebuild
- Suction Roll Repair and Rebuild
- Reel Spool Maintenance
- Dynamic Balancing
- Dynamic Leak Testing
- Suction Roll Seal & Vacuum Testing
- Mirror Polishing
- Matte Blasting
- Chrome Plating
- Roll Armor™ Coating
- New Tungsten Carbide Coating
- New Roll Manufacture
- New Shell Manufacture
- Metal Spraying
- New Ceramic Coating
- Grooving and Regrooving
- Journal Repair and Replacement
- Crown Compensating Roll Rebuilds
Results That Exceed OEM Specification
PRG’s roll grinding experts will help return your rolls to the proper:
- Profile Match Tolerance
- Surface Finish to Eliminate Barring, Wet Streaks and Other Surface Imperfections
Let us work with your mill to:
- Create a maintenance plan that works around your schedule
- Guarantee faster, easier emergency repair in the event of unforeseen issues
- Work with your Operations Managers and Maintenance Supervisors to identify any possible areas of concern
- Suggest money savings – like Roll Armor™
If you experience any of the following issues at your Paper Mill, give us a call. The consultation is absolutely free.
- How do I eliminate barring?
- How do we extend the life of our rolls?
- Wet streaks constantly return in the same location, regardless of what I do.
- Will Infrared or steam boxes improve my product?
- My plant seems to be using excessive pulp – more than in years past
- My energy usage is higher than ever.
- Is there any way to reduce the time it takes to clean rolls between runs to eliminate hazing issues?
- Can ceramic covered rolls solve our roll life issues?
- What is the proper way to measure and monitor a roll grind?
Call today to speak to the experts at Precision Roll Grinding!