View All Open Positions | View Benefits Summary
Location: Texarkana, AR
Range: $15.00 - $25.00 / hour
Precision Roll Grinders, Inc. is the industry leader for world-class, high-accuracy grinding of rolls, cylindrical components and shafts of virtually all weights, sizes and compositions. At PRG, grinding, repairs, new coatings and new rolls are our primary business. PRG has facilities located in Allentown, PA, Carrollton, GA, Lewisport, KY and Texarkana, AR. Our highly skilled workforce, as well as state-of-the-art equipment, is the pride of our company. Our customers have come to rely upon our high quality work and stellar customer service.
PRG offers a very competitive compensation and exceptional benefits package, including medical, prescription drug, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k with company contribution, flexible spending accounts, 100% educational reimbursement, employee assistance program, holidays, and vacation. Climate controlled facilities with excellent working conditions all year round.
- Signs necessary paperwork indicating work has been completed to specifications.
- Reads Process Sheet, lathe sheets and drawing to determine set-ups and sequence of operations.
- Makes a layout of work if required and establishes necessary lines and location points, using the proper equipment.
- Selects appropriate cutting tools. May need to grind the tool to the required shape.
- Mounts the cutting tool and the work onto the machine as required to accomplish the task.
- Inspects the work in progress using the appropriate measuring devices to assure specifications have been met.
- Completes the job with other operations on the same equipment or by the use of other equipment.
- Inspects and records completed work to assure compliance with drawing and specifications.
- Performs floor work as needed (Remove a bearing, shrink a journal, etc.)
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Conforms to safety and inspection requirements.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks.
- Signs off on paperwork for responsibility on work personally completed.
- Must be available for all shifts when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Technical school graduate in Machine Tool Tech is desired.
- Able to speak, read, and write English.
- Maintenance machinist experience with some mechanical millwrighting skills is desired.
- Approximately 5 years experience in the heavy equipment industry.
- Good analytical skills and an understanding of Algebra and Trigonometry.
- Must be familiar with Metric measurements, be able to do Metric calculations, and use a calculator.
- Computer knowledge is helpful.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and able to stand for up to 12 hours.
- Overtime and weekend work required.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
Precision Roll Grinders is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Date: 11/01/18
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include resume or apply here.